WHO NEEDS HELP?
• Recipients of social assistance whose allowance is insufficient to cover essentials;
• People who have lost their jobs and whose employment insurance has run out;
• Low income families and low wage earners;
• Those whose work is sporadic and who need assistance between jobs;
• Those recently released from a correctional facility;
• Immigrants and refugees new to the city.
WHO DOES THE CENTRE SERVE?
• People living in the Centretown area bordered by Lyon Street, Wellington Street, Billings Bridge and Main Street, including Lees Avenue.
Clients from our area receive a three-to-four day supply of groceries, and referrals to other community resources. Our guideline is one visit per month.
We cannot deliver food to clients!
Please Bring: Identification for everyone who needs food and proof of your address. Some acceptable types of identification are: recent driver’s license, bills, direct deposit slips and drug or dental cards.