Position: Summer Assistant, Centretown Emergency Food Centre (CEFC)
Tasks and Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Manager, assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Food Centre and participating in projects intended to lead to the development of new programs and services that might be offered by the CEFC:
- Registering visitors,
- Ordering food and supervising preparation of daily food supplies to be distributed,
- Working with the Manager, Food Coordinator, and volunteers to ensure the efficient distribution of food supplies to visitors,
- Assisting with receiving deliveries and storing goods and produce received,
- Working with the Manager, staff, and volunteers to ensure that cleanliness and food handling safety standards are maintained, and
- Assisting with responding to visitor and donor phone and email inquiries.
- Assisting the Manager in developing and delivering a survey of visitors,
- Assisting the Manager in developing reports on visitor demographics,
- Attending meetings of the Centretown Food Resiliency Project and developing data bases and reports to support this project.
Reporting to: Manager, CEFC, and in her absence, Food Coordinator
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week. 21 hours a week will be worked during the Food Centre’s hours of operation (8am to 3pm, Monday, Tuesday and Friday); the remaining hours will be either “work from home” on special projects or assisting with out of hours projects such as food drives.
Compensation: $15 per hour
Desirable Skills and Experience:
Interest in working with a vulnerable population; interest in working with the non-for-profit sector; computer literacy, especially in database management; experience in preparing reports; proficiency in English is essential and knowledge of a second language is desirable.
To apply: Send resume and covering letter to Manager, CEFC, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: May 17, 2022